View Single Post
Old December 28, 2012, 05:36 AM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Pc Overheating? Urgent Help

Hi there,
I'll keep this short and simple. My system shuts off while playing a game sometimes and i can hear my gpu kick into high VERY HIGH rpms. I reboot and everything is normal again. I dont think my fans RPM adjust to temps. How can i do so? I'm about to play a game again with MSI afterburner to see if it helps, but i'm not sure if my CPU will also increase RPM.
Specs: Specs: -CPU: Intel i7 3770k @ Stock
-CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D14
-Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth z77
-GPU: MSI R7950 3GB OC Edition
-RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance Low profile ram
-PSU: Corsair TX650M
-SSD: Crucial M4 128gb
-HDD: Western Digital Black Caviar 1TB
-Case: CM HAF X
Cheers!

My questions:
1) After doing some work, i got to use afterburner from MSI to automatically change my RPM according to temps. This has greatly reduced my temps. Is there a way to change them from the BIOS so it does this without having to have afterburner opened? I also want my CPU and case fans to change automatically if possible
2) Turns out this High RPM is not because of heat (i think). After using afterburner, and viewing the details on my Logitech 510 lcd, i see that my pc shuts off when the GPU usage hits 99 percent and 1500mb according to the lcd. But doesn't the R7950 3gb oc have 3gb of vram? Should i turn down battlefield details? I'm only on 1650x1050
3) I might have loose PSU cables from corsair (TX650M), could this be my issue? Im thinking no because this happens when i dont even touch my case.

Edit:

Woah, i moved the slider in MSI Afterburner to power limite % to the max (+20) and my GPU is at 99% and hasn't crashed. The temps are at 50c stable. but now %99 is 1000mb as opposed to the previous 1500mb. Am i reading this LCD incorrectly?

Last edited by PcWizTech; December 28, 2012 at 05:45 AM.