View Single Post
Old December 25, 2012, 03:18 AM
Top Prospect

Take it back to Walmart - you are paying too much for the OS.

Microsoft is offering an upgrade deal from any version of windows to Windows 8 Pro for $40. Check their website out, and see.

All you need to do is click on the upgrade link on their website and download the upgrade advisor. It will run, and give you advice about your system (what is compatible, what may need to be upgraded, and what is Ok). It will then ask you if you want to keep the software and upgrade, or upgrade and copy over your personal data, or start from scratch.

It is a full version - you can then pay the $40, get a licence key, download the software (a 2.4Gb download, it will then ask you if you want to burn it on a dvd or make a bootable USB memory stick), and then you can install it from scratch (formatting your drive, installing a clean copy etc...

This upgrade promotion ends January 31st, limit 5 per customer. I've purchased two so far, and it installed great (new copy from scratch, then I installed all the rest of my software and copied over my data from a backup). Easy way to clean out the computer from all the junk that gets in over the years.

Note: this does not come with any dvd player software or mediacenter. But you can ask for a licence key for mediacenter for windows 8 for free until jsnuary 31st (one copy only, though).