View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 12:49 PM
Rookie

Default New triple monitor build.

Dear experts,

I would greatly appreciate it if you could help/guide me with my first build. First of all i would like to say that i don't think i have ever seen a forum where there are so many helpful members as i have read from other posts.

***before i start with the build i would also like to ask... if i decide to hackindosh my pc does it require special hardware or are all compatible (gfx cards etc)

now onto my pc... I am looking to build a three monitor pc. I defo need 2 monitors for work so i thought why not 3x 24" for gaming on all three.

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
-Work (not very cpu consuming), emails, surfing the web and gaming (on all three monitors)

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
-2000-2400 usd

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
-Greece (i have access to buy parts from the UK and the US so you can guide me to whichever u want.

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
- bit curious if i should get 1 expensive gfx card so i can add at a later date another one.
but not special preferences/ although i am a minimalistic at heart.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
-all new.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
-i have read other threads but have not found one with my budget and monitor requirements

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
-i have no idea how to overclock so i guess the answer is no.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
within the next 10-20 days

9. What resolution and settings do you use?
-i would love to game on three monitors on the highest resolution i can. obviously within my budget.

10. Are there any specific technologies you want?
-As i said i would like a 3 monitor setup for gaming on all three, very minimal case/monitor design, wifi, ssd for operating system and 2TB for files, low noise system if posible.

Any recommendation/guides are most welcomed.