View Single Post
Old December 23, 2012, 09:21 AM
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelrommel View Post
I think you should get a more solid commitment from your friend or do some research on doing a build, it's relatively easy but it's nice to have someone help the first time, especially if you're dropping 2 grand.

This is a totally random build but I think it's pretty representative of what you can/should get for about that much if you have to buy everything:

Intel Core i5-3570K, Asus Radeon HD 7950, Corsair 500R Black - System Build - PCPartPicker
Cool thanks for the setup ill look into it and see if I can buy that stuff @ tigerdirect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbarker View Post
^ The key will be something you missed above..What Resolution? Most are going with a 1920 x 1080 Res, some of us enthusiasts are going for larger monitors with higher Resolution, such as 27" 2560 x 1440 or 30" 2560 x 1600, the latter sizes require a PC with some good "Poop", the 1080 Resolution requires "less poop" ;)
Dont confuse size of screen with Resolution...as in a 60" Flatscreen is 1080....same as a 22" Monitor that is 1080...the higher the Resolution the crisper the details look.

The Z77 chipset you have would be where to start, the I7 X79 chipset (the 2nd one listed) would likely be more than you need, unless of course you ultimately want the 2 higher resolution Monitors I pointed out above (2560 x 1440 or 2560 x 1600), then indeed the X79 would suit your needs fine.
So I should start leaning more towards my second choice? Yea I think 1080 is good enough for me. I can't picture myself playing with a 27' or 30' screen. I'm happy with a 25 I guess. I don't think I would be able to tell the difference between 1080 and anything higher haha.

And other thoughts?