Thread: Crash Dump
View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 07:23 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaptCrunch View Post
Bonanza2k

what REVision is you motherboard 1.1 or 1.3 for Z68XP-UD3 has 2 versions of that model name

sounds if software issues

best back-up data and do fresh install with current drivers for MB that ever REV it is
motherboard is 1.3
it has the most uptodate BIOS

problem is the computer doesn't stay up long enough to do a good back up. that said the data is on one drive and the OS is on another and I don't think it is the drives

i am not sure how it could be software related since the computer has been up and running for 2 years and no new software has been added to it. there is very little on this machine. Windows is up to date.

I pulled the graphics card and only used 1 stick of RAM and that didn't make any difference

i was planning on doing a new build and I am thinking of putting the existing CPU and OS hard drive on an new motherboard that I have over here (same manufacturer but different board GIGABYTE|GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP Z77 R) to see if it is the motherboard. Think that might work? or at least indicate that it is a motherboard issue?

also thought about sticking a new HD into the old machine and reinstall windows and see if plays pretty which would rule out the hard drive and windows as the root cause.

just not sure which direction to go from here . . . . still pondering on it.