View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 12:34 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Getting a SSD 240gig SATA III will show a big inprovement on boot times and shut downs.I would just put the new SSD 240gig in and put windows on it and plug them in on your SATA II ,You want lose anything ,But you will have stuff on that raid you don't really need .I always find it better just to do a clean install.I you have a old drive laying around and it is big enough to hold all the files you want to keep then I would just copy the files I wanted to the old drive and once you have done a clean install then just copy your files bad to you raid drive.If you have games then you want to install the big game files to your raid drive anyway and just use your boot drive as a short cut to get to them.Because more then likely you will need to reinstall them anyway for them to work right.I have a 256gig crucial SATAIII and two 1 TB samsung SATA II and one 3TB seagate SATA III because I got it at such a great price.
Intel-i7-3820+Corsair H-100+Gigabyte X79-UD5+16g G.Skill 1666DDR3+256g Crucial-SSD+1-3TB Seagate+2-1TB-Samsung+1-640g- WesternDigtal+SLI-ASUS DIRECT CU II GTX-670+LG-12x Blurner+Logtech G9x-mouse+G-110-keyboard+Driving Force GT Wheel+Pioneer VSX-1020K+Polk Audio Speakers+LG-50"Plasma PM6700+Antec-P280+XFX 850w PRO Semi-Modular