View Single Post
Old December 22, 2012, 09:57 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Windows 8 Won't Stay in Sleep Mode

Here's a quirk I'm experiencing in Win 8 with Power Management. I have my desktop set to go into sleep mode after an hour of inactivity. Display shuts off in 15 minutes. The display indeed goes dark as scheduled. But the disks never seem to follow suit. Even if I purposefully engage sleep mode the computer goes to sleep but later on I'll find it's back on.

I've scoured the internets and it seems to be a common problem. I've tried all suggested settings from various forums and blogs to no avail: Network card power options, Scheduled Tasks Timer, and various advanced settings in Power Management. I didn't have to do any funky setting adjustments when in Win7. I have a feeling this issue could have to do with Win 8's live tiles but not sure where to look to fix this.

Anyone else experiencing this and/or have suggestions?

TIA.
System Spec Peripherals: Corsair H70 cpu cooler (w/ 2 120mm Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm fans) | Zalman MFC3 fan controller | Gigabyte Aivia Osmium kb | Steelseries Sensei mouse | Logitech Z-2300 2.1 speakers | SteelSeries SX mouse surface
For the real serious stuff: 2.53GHz Mac Mini | 4GB DDR3 1066 RAM | 320GB HDD | Samsung P2250 (x2) | Apple Magic Mouse | Apple Magic Trackpad | Apple Wireless KB | Drobo FS 6.5TB
Laptops: Dell XPS M1530 | Asus G74SX-DH71
Surface Pro 128GB