View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 02:45 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Cheaper Phone Suggestions

So I am looking for opinions on some of the cheaper phones out there.

Basically I am looking at a few of the pre-paid phones for my daughter. The ones I have had my eye on are:
  • Samsung Galaxy Ace II X from Virgin $199 (or Koodo $150)
  • Samsung Galaxy Discover from Telus $99
  • HTC Desire C from Virgin $149
I think that is about it, but I am open to other suggestions. The main thing is it has to have at the least ICS on it, I won't get one that doesn't come shipped with ICS. Second this does not need to be a powerhouse phone but I don't want it to be crap either. As for price I am really wanting to limit it to $200.

Now she already has a phone with virgin and we are going to stick with them for the prepaid so if I get another phone from someone else, Rogers, Bell, Telus, etc. then I will have to get it unlocked. Now that seems to be about 25-35 dollars depending on where you look online. Of course if there is a way to unlock the phone by myself I will do that.

Just remember that this is for my 13 year old daughter so I do not want to spend a ton, hell cheaper is better, but I don't want complete crap. So any input on those models or any others with ICS around the same price would be appreciated very much. Thanks
"Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong."