View Single Post
Old December 19, 2012, 05:36 AM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoanee View Post
I just bought a new lappy with Win8 on it and I gotta tell ya, the first four hours using it gave me a headache. I am staying objective but this is in no way an intuitive OS. I will give it a good shot but my productivity is really suffering. May have to roll back to Win7.......
The hardest part will be that "Modern UI". It's the only thing that changed (aside from behind the scenes updates to the OS operations). I've suggested using things like ObjectDock and just staying in DT mode. The new UI is the replacement for the start menu, so if you can't live without the start menu, I would greatly suggest going back to Win7. The operation is exactly the same (other than performance loss that most wont ever notice) and you still get to keep the smaller start menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
I am not saying Win8 is horrible I am just saying it is not a smooth transition for most people or most desktop /laptop users if it was you wouldn't be able to do a google and come up with thousands of hits for people having trouble or how many third party start button programs ?? Win8 start button app
And this is the hard part from a business standpoint. How do you transition from the old start menu to the new? The only thing I can think of is rather than naming it Windows 8, that they brand it differently. The only issue with that is that it actually is the same windows, just with another UI added to it. It's kind of a damned if you do damned if you don't situation.

They always could have called it Walls 2012.

Last edited by tethlah; December 19, 2012 at 06:45 AM.