View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 04:16 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default New rig for 3D gaming

Just wanted to fish for opinions. Bear in mind that I am going for slight overkill with this build so pay no mind to the ram amounts. I have been stung in with my past three builds by "saving" money. Not going down that road as little as possible again. But I do need to be realistic as I am not rich heh.

Two things that concern me are memory speed, I do want a mild OC on air or water. I do want a ram speed that would enable a 1:1 ratio with the CPU after OC if that is still an issue these days. And the video card. With 3D enabled I am assuming the frame rates will be cut in half, so If a GTX670 will net me 80FPS average @1080p in BF3 I assume I am looking at 40FPS average with 3D enabled? Is the single 670 going to cut it or will SLi do the trick? Would I be better off going with a 680 instead?

At any rate, I've been shopping for parts on the egg and is by no means final. I probably will put a system together after Christmas. Might even hold out for Haswell, not sure. But here is the list so far. Please let me know what you think. Especially those with 3D experience (I have none). Thanks!

Edit: Oh, yes. I forgot to mention, I realize that I will be limited to 1080p with this setup. However cranking the visuals is a MUST for me. So uber leet texture packs 8xMSAA is what I am after. Might be expecting too much from a $400.00 card though.

Case: Cooler Master Haf XB (man this might make a good Borg cube project)
CPU: i7 3770K
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth Z77
Ram: Gskill Ripjaws Z Series DDR3 1866Mhz 9-9-9-24
PSU: Corsair AX760
Video Card: EVGA GTX 670 FTW 4GB
Monitor: ASUS VG278H

Price for everything incl. shipping and taxes is $2,140.20 I wouldn't like the price for this build to be much higher than this at first. I can add a video card and an SSD to it in the future.

Last edited by IRQ Conflict; December 19, 2012 at 05:50 PM.