Thread: Completed Project 12 (Phantom 820)
View Single Post
Old December 18, 2012, 08:40 AM
Manufacturer Rep

So many things have happened since I started this project.
My SSD, Aquaero screen, and Hue board all went bye-bye. So, I had to get replacements for each.

I added a Samsung 840 Pro SSD, a new Aquaero screen, new Hue control board, 16GB more of RAM for a total of 32....

To top that, I chucked my old Corsair PSU in favor of the mighty Seasonic. Sure, my Corsair was technically a Seasonic, but, it was time for the OEM. Sleeving the new Seasonic was a daunting task. They have a really redundant and stupid pin set up on their full-modular systems.
There's a 24pin motherboard connector splits into a 10 pin and a 19 pin on the PSU side. Why? No real reason that I can think of, other than it's proprietary and a real pain in the ass.

Other than that, things are looking up! Got everything installed and we're back up and running!

Here's a sneak-peak:

I had trouble mounting the Aquaero, because it uses some stand off to connect the original faceplate to the unit itself, this made lining the buttons up impossible as they were just a 1-2mm too high. So, I had to rearrange the mounting and use some aluminum spacers to get it all where it needs to be.

Fortunately, my plan worked (and why wouldn't it, I'm just that awesome)

More to come in the next couple of days!