View Single Post
Old December 16, 2012, 05:39 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Brokerage fees are at the discretion of the shipping company -- it's what they charge you for the privilege of running your package through customs. The actual taxes are easy to calculate, they're what you'd pay in your local shop, while duties usually require a little research on what is charged for a given category and place of origin.

Something to keep in mind if you're also looking at prices in the EU. VAT is folded into the price on European sites, while North American sites show the pre-tax price. For example, a ASUS P8Z77-V motherboard is listed at C$134.99; if sold locally taxes bring that to $151.19.

The "check international rates" link on NCIX's shopping cart page (below the Shipping Estimate field) worked just fine for me when I tested it with Danish, Japanese and American addresses. You have to actually click the link and provide the address information to get the estimate, which does respond to the address provided despite the pulldown menu defaulting back to Australia each time.

Shipping to Denmark runs about C$45, which brings it to C$180 or about 1034 kr. That's a little more than what I found the same motherboard selling for (before VAT) on a Danish site.

Last edited by Galcobar; December 16, 2012 at 05:51 AM.