View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 09:10 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
/sarcasm And....you get magically get a menu tree and not that craptacular icon grid layout that no one really likes? WOW what a great hint.
....Just checked....
Nope. Still the same crap.
/sarcasm

This is the problem with MS and fanbois. Anyone who doesnt think their latest and greatest is an improvement must be an idiot. Try using that layout when you have 50 - 60 programs installed...each with a couple icons each...hell try it will 30 installed and see how 'effecient' it is vs a menu Tree. :/

The grid layout and search option is crap for the desktop. Utter crap. I've been using PCs since Dos 2 days. Windows 8 is the closest modern replication of Windows 3 that I have ever seen....except Win 3 had more 'window' support and was less buggy. It was fun (not really) trying it but its being nuked and win 7 is being put back on. Thank god for technet as I would NOT pay for this garbage. Hell I would refuse to use it UNLESS was PAID to do so on a desktop.....tablet. Yes, its good. Smart even. Desktops...no. Kill this crap with fire.
So very well said. I just looked at my start menu and counted. I have under all programs 15 top level shortcuts and 120 folders. Now I'm not going to go and count each and every icon but I would venture a guess of say 300-400. No imagine that on a metro style start screen, it would be complete crap.

Also people talk about just hitting the windows key and type for the search, well unfortunately I have found it worse than the windows 7 search. Why? Because it separates the results. With win 7 it would group all your results together whether it is a program or setting option but in win 8 it means you have to type what you want then move the mouse to select settings to find the correct result. I might not have worded it right but either way I found the search more cumbersome than in win 7.

And like AkG said this is so close to windows 3 that it is not even funny.