View Single Post
Old December 14, 2012, 02:46 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Default Best router for me?

My WRT54G with stock firmware is still going but I have a lot of issues. My PS3 gets booted off. If my wife conects with her Kobo it will boot off any other wifi device on the network. If I have too many devices connected (like 3-4) the router throws a hissy fit and I need to unplug it and plug it back in after a minute.

SO... I would really like to get my issues resolved and I am thinking a new router would be a good place to start.

Here's my setup:

I have Shaw cable modem and one desktop PC that's wired to the new router. They are located in the kitchen on the main floor. Pretty much all my wifi devices are on the mail floor too but in the living room. I have:

PS3
Wii
Samsung Smart TV
Laptops
Smartphones
eReader
Tablet
and who knows what else in the future.

Budget: $150

So what would be a really great router for me? If I could stream DVD quality video over wireless from my desktop to my PS3 and/or TV that would be AWESOME!!!! Because I can't do that right now :(

I am hoping to catch something on Boxing Day sale.

Recommendations?

Desktop:
See the drop down!

Laptop: Dell XPS M1530 \\ T7500 2.2GHz \\ 3GB 667 \\ 6 Cell \\ 8600M GT \\ 200GB 7.2K \\ WSXGA+ \\ Bluetooth/Wireless \\ MS Blue Track Mini \\ Vista Ult. (RED)

HEATWARE