Thread: MSI MPOWER Z77
View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 08:30 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by o320 View Post
Isn't offset voltage for people looking to do extreme overclocking or looking to have the lowest V while being stable?
I just plan to do a simple overclock, so that should be okay, correct?
Thanks!
Honestly I'm not 100% sure. I'm a newbie overclocker and I have never used offset so I don't fully understand it. But yes I think what you are saying is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
Funny few years ago it was Gigabyte wall to wall here, Asus was not that much popular here, now everyone is using Asus, but some now are looking at MSI , in that time I was an Asus guy, since a year I'm a MSI one, look's like I'm always in advance of my time. MSI start few years ago to level the quality of their motherboards layout and components. If you look at the GD55 it as amazing layout too for a $ 139 motherboard : power, reset, oc buttons, voltage reading point, look how clean it is around the CPU no more Koolance 360 crashing the caps for sure.

look at this Asus at same price, not even heatsink over the mosfet, not that good for OC

Yeah the GD55-65 are great boards. 55 is perfect for anyone who isn't going to run more then 2 gpu's. I went from GD65- Mpower just for sexy factor. :)

Gotta love MSI. They have amazing pricepoint. Waaaaay better then asus overpriced crap like you mentioned. Way more features too at the same price.