View Single Post
Old December 13, 2012, 06:48 AM
Top Prospect

Want to know the beauty of capitalism, and I don't know why I have to keep pointing this out. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I've already said several times that if you don't like it don't use it. I've also said that if you are unwilling to learn a new interface or simply mold something you are using to fit your needs, then stick with what you know.

Problem solved, you don't have to deal with any of what you think is bullshit unless you decide to participate in it. Unless you like drama, then I guess keep it up. As a business owner and having worked as a federal contractor for one of the largest PC manufacturers in the world, I can tell you that there are more people supporting (at least in the demographics I cater to and talk to, which is primarily middle class Americans, tech savvy and not, and business owners) Win8 migration over those who do not. If you don't want to be a part of a new market, then don't be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
As for learn a new thing....why should I HAVE to? The new way is not better than the older in fact it is worse. Why would I want to learn to walk on my hands when my feet is a better solution? If the new way was better sure, I would change and adapt but it is not. It is made for TOUCH SCREENS not a kb and mouse. It is a failure and I hope MS loses bilions over their arrogance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
And arrogance is exactly the right word to use for their position on forcing the metro interface.
I feel I should help you with that word, arrogant: Having or revealing an exaggerated sense of one's own importance or abilities.

Seems to apply more to someone who expects a company to cater specifically to them over the rest of the market than a company playing with the market to figure out what works so they can cater to the masses. Out of all the stupid shit MS does, I can't say releasing a new OS and trying something new is arrogant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
OEM sales are made up mostly of Enterprise sales. Dell...Asus...HP...all prebuilt home computers....all pennies compared to business sales. From what I have heard there is SERIOUS push back against windows 8 in the business environment. Piss THAT group off and the OS is stillborn. THAT is my sincere hope. ;)
I own a business and migrated. However, for the most part this is true. The reason for this is that it can take years to migrate a large scale company to a new operating system. It takes a lot of planning, hell, the Army is only now getting migrated from Vista to Win7. This is very popular in large businesses. I do contracting work for Dell and can tell you that we will not be moving to Win8 anytime soon because first you have to get the support team certified to handle it, then you have to test it, then you have to migrate in house tools over to it, test it on a few people, then plan a migration, then implement the migration. Part of planning includes everything from server integration, legacy process integration, and training. Win8 just rolled out, which means it's not even on the table yet for business to even start thinking about, let alone talking or planning to begin a migration. The only reason I could pull this off is because I only have a dozen or so people to support, "Large" companies have multiple sites tied together by multiple technologies and have to fit the new OS into the puzzle. So it's hard to base the usability of a new OS on the business market, first of all emerging markets don't even get the full OS half the time, and second, a full blown migration isn't the same as selling to an individual.

All I can say (again), if you don't like it, don't buy it, that'll show em.

Last edited by tethlah; December 13, 2012 at 07:13 AM.