View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 05:08 PM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkG View Post
Ummm no. That is NOT how it works. In previous versions you could opt OUT of the new look and feel. It was called classic mode. MS is trying to force this on everyone as they KNOW it is the only hope of doing it. It will fail as zero business will go for it....and if Win 9 is the same...then YES the free market will make a new product to replace MS Windows. Right now there is no option. It is a monopoly.

As for learn a new thing....why should I HAVE to? The new way is not better than the older in fact it is worse. Why would I want to learn to walk on my hands when my feet is a better solution? If the new way was better sure, I would change and adapt but it is not. It is made for TOUCH SCREENS not a kb and mouse. It is a failure and I hope MS loses bilions over their arrogance.
And arrogance is exactly the right word to use for their position on forcing the metro interface.

What I'll find most interesting is to see what happens to brick/mortar laptop sales now that they've started putting out nothing but win8 units. I know I've told every single person I know that they can still get win7 laptops online if they're so inclined, and so far the great majority of them are so inclined.

Asrock AM1H-ITX / AM1 Athlon 5350 / 2X4G Gskill PC3-14900 / Intel 6235 Wi-Fi / 90W Targus Power Brick / 250G Samsung 840 Series SSD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 22" Dell IPS / 1X 22" HP