View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 04:04 PM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
I do get it I just can't navigate it as easy as I could before and trying customize it mean I have to learn how to navigate it . my older laptop has winxp and its primary us for it is to monitor my gaming rig I can reach over and hit a button or move the mouse and have it do things because I am a custom to how it works. You have to see me trying to do anything on my win8 laptop its funny as hell . I am constantly dragging tiles around and often things pop up that I am not sure how I got it to do that, like I said it's about habit , I knew how to get things done with out even thinking now I have to work at just finding what I want ,yea after time I will figure it out but right now I don't have to time nor patients.
Maybe I just don't understand how difficult it is for some people but for me it took me literally 2 minutes to figure out and 5 minutes to set it up exactly the way I wanted it. It functions exactly like the start menu except instead of dragging your icons onto it you just right click on an icons and press pin. Then you just open it and drag it to where you want. I have calculator, CS:GO, Chrome, LoL, Steam, Arkham City, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and a live weather tile all on my first page. Everything I need with room to spare.

Quote:
I don't expect M$ to take a step back rather I expect them not to leap over most of their users in favor of the tablet crowed..
Like I said once you get used to it, it really isn't about the tablet crowd it is quite convenient.

Quote:
no they started selling printers
Which essentially is my point they didn't take a step backwards to type writers. Other people invented printers for people who needed to distribute hard copies. For people who need the classic start menu it can be had for free unlike a printer you don't even need to buy it.