View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 02:41 PM
Hardware Canucks Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardric View Post
You didn't even bother to test it. This review is silly IMHO.
Quote:
I can't think of a single good reason for a ramdisk on a PC that wouldn't end up slowing you down more often than speeding you up.
Quote:
I'm very arrogant and have crossed the line? Nevermind, I'll just show myself out then.
'Nuff said.

You want to discuss the merits of RD vs non-RD. Always willing to listen. Maybe next time you will try to get your point across without resorting to 'all or nothing' POVs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by belgolas View Post
I used this site as a guide to set up a Ramcache.

How To Set Up a RamCache on ASUS X79 Series Motherboards..

Sure it was fast in benchmarks. Like 10 times faster than a Vertex 4 but in real world it was still just as fast as my SSD.

AKG do you recommend going RamDisk? I have a UPS. It would be for my main computer and I don't mind a bit of a wait on startup.

I may do it just as an experiment but not sure if it would be stable enough for 24/7 use.
RamDrives are not a silver bullet -thus the DGV and not DG award - but they do have their uses. Try the free version if you like what it does...go for it. It is less than a 5 large double-doubles. So not much down side IF you dont like it. Just leave 8GB for the OS. ;)

“if your opponent has a conscience, then follow Gandhi. But if you enemy has no conscience, like Hitler, then follow Bonhoeffer.” - Dr. MLK jr