View Single Post
Old December 12, 2012, 01:30 PM
Top Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
So again... how exactly do we turn off metro? Sorry, but I'm calling you out on this statement. Just like a previous suggestion by a member to "use the windows button" to get start button fuctionality, I suspect it doesn't do anything at all like what you're suggesting.

Metro isn't a skin, that's the whole point of why we're where we are with opposition to win8.
It's not a skin, it's an overlay, I never said skin. And since you made it very clear you don't install "3rd party software" on your computer, I'd suggest you stick with whatever you have. You are the minesweeper, own it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJThomp View Post
The windows button opens up "metro" where you can put all your favourite apps right there on the first page just like you do with the start button. This was not a lie nor was it even deceptive your lack of imagination is what is holding you back not the OS.
Pretty much. Something people are not realising is that "metro ui" is just the new start menu. It's the same damn thing, all the same stuff, not hard to navigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodystumps View Post
How does a third party program ( League of Legends) become the same as a basic feature of windows since the start of Windows ?
Nothing is a basic feature, it's all trial and error that get's implemented over time after enough bitching or praise takes place. Just wait and see where the coin lands and that's how windows will be in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Sorry, but it should be up to the service provider to react to the wishes of their customer base, not up to the customer base to adjust to the provider's vision.
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. - George Bernard Shaw

IF you don't like what you are given, change it, welcome to progress.