View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 11:16 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by o320 View Post
I was wondering what you guys thought of using Air Penetrator's for radiator cooling. I plan to use them in a pull configuration only.
I read that the AP's don't do well for pushing, as they shoot air in a cylindrical shape, but I heard that they pull fine.
Can anyone confirm?
Thanks

The AP is an average Fan for Radiator/CPU Cooler usage. At Max RPM it puts out a paltry 1.02mm h20 for static pressure.
Where as a Coolermaster R4's for being such a cheap fan can put out 3.04mm h20 in direct comparison (though they will be a bit louder than an AP).
Even a Blademaster from CM can put out almost 4mm h20 static pressure on a rad. This is important, as rads care more about static pressure than CFM. It is there ability to force air through the tight confines that makes them work well.

So, although you can use the AP's if you like that style of fan, there are better options out there.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com