View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 09:41 AM
Hall Of Fame

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
M$ was told throughout the entire beta testing phase that a significant portion of their consumer base would not use win8 without a start button function, yet M$ went ahead with their vision of a tablet OS being used on desktop PCs.......

Why would folks reward that kind of bad behaviour by a corp?
Quote:
Just like a previous suggestion by a member to "use the windows button" to get start button fuctionality
The windows button opens up "metro" where you can put all your favourite apps right there on the first page just like you do with the start button. This was not a lie nor was it even deceptive your lack of imagination is what is holding you back not the OS.

Quote:
edit:

As far as it being just sour grapes, I'd be happy to continue using win7, but on top of forcing a tablet interface onto desktops M$ has gone out of their way (from the first step of killing gadget support on win7 in favour of metro apps, to changing licensing on tools from free-for-use to pay-for-use for win7) to ensure that coders no longer have easy access to win7 and thus are directed towards metro apps.
I'll reply to this after my exam.