View Single Post
Old December 11, 2012, 07:33 AM
Manufacturer Rep

My System Specs

Always depends on what you want to play and what detail settings you demand from it. A pair of GTX 670s will give you great performance in most any situation, but if you like higher AA settings or other just want to make sure to avoid memory bottlenecks I recommend a pair of our GTX 660 Ti GC 3GB. A review was done recently showing their performance in SLI, and BF3 ran perfectly well at 5760x1200 on Ultra with HBAO, 2X AA, and 16AF (that's before they boosted performance 10% with overclocking.) For $299 each that's definitely the route I'd go:

Newegg.com - Galaxy 66NNH7DV6WXZ GeForce GTX 660 Ti GC 3GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

I've always personally liked triple display setups for both the immersion and the simple reason that they double as more efficient work machines when I'm not gaming. Multi-display is totally indispensible for what I do (like trolling a dozen forum threads at once =P.) That and it makes strategy games feel like you actually are controlling the world like some kind of evil mastermind.

There are still seamless triple monitors out there, but the only place I know of still selling them is www.seamlessdisplay.com and from what I've heard you will be out $10k for one. It would be relatively more cost effective to get three 1080p projectors, a custom screen, and color calibration software. What I've donewith my Viewsonic VX2250wm setup is the easy route though- I just overlap the bezels of the left and right displays over that of the center, and with just the single bezel width seperating screens its easy to forget its even there after a while.