View Single Post
Old December 4, 2012, 08:32 AM
Rookie

Talking Kingsix's Build Thread.

Hello everyone, I picked up the bulk of the parts for my new system last night. Below is a list of the parts purchased over the course of stocking up. I will be taking some pictures along the way and updating this post. The only hiccup was that they gave me the wrong case, so tonight I will have to go exchange it. I wanted the Define R4 Black, and they gave me the Define R4 Windowed Titanium.

I purchased all parts from Memory Express, and there was a price beat on most items. A small FYI when looking for MemExpress price beats before a purchase; The part numbers must match, so copy the "part #" from the memory express site, and paste that into however you are looking. Also, shopbot.ca doesn't always work, didn't find the savings from NCIX on the 660TI OC (sb ncix-304.99, ncix direct - 269.99). Pcpartpicker.com did find that savings by the way.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($241.48 @ Memory Express)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($73.48 @ Memory Express)
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($121.48 @ Memory Express)
Memory: Patriot Viper 3 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($47.23 @ Memory Express)
Storage: Corsair Neutron Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($125.98 @ Memory Express)
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB Video Card ($325.48 @ Memory Express)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($115.48 @ Memory Express)
Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W 80 PLUS Certified ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply ($79.23 @ Memory Express)
Optical Drive: LG GH24NS72 DVD/CD Writer
Total: $1154.84
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)

I have a few items already that I will be using, and existing Widnows 7 license, a 1tb seagate for storage (for now), an old microsoft mouse and an old keyboard. Also my LCD will be an old POS until boxing day when I hope to score some deals on a large 1920x1080 monitor, a better mouse/keyboard, possibly an NAS and some storage drives.

Build probably starts slightly tonight, and the bulk will happen Friday afternoon most likely. Stay tuned.

The reason I am posting this now is to give an opportunity to you all, if there are any pictures or details you are interested in post em and I will do my best to satisfy. I will also be updating the price list with my actual costs, so you can see what kind of deals I achieved.