View Single Post
Old December 2, 2012, 02:06 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Just a quick revisit of the "why do you need a Start button, just use the search function" argument.....

I just installed a program called Ashampoo to burn ISOs with (for whatever reason, windows ISO burning has been broken in win7 for ages). I will only use it every now and then, and certainly don't want to have it in my face all of the time, but when the time comes that I want to use it, the chances of me being able to remember that my freeware ISO burning program is called Ashampoo are pretty close to zero.

This highlights exactly why I want/need a standard start button for launching applications on a desktop PC.
Something similar happenned to me today. I wanted to watch a (downloaded) movie on my TV, couldn't find any usb sticks and couldn't be bothered unhooking any of my hdmi cables. So I remembered that I had a program on my laptop that would stream to my Samsung TV. COuldn't remember the name of it, but looked under my start bar - prgrams, and lo and behold I remembered it when I saw "Allshare". I haven't used it in probably over a year because I usually just use usb sticks. How would I even know to search for allshare when I couldn't remember the name?