View Single Post
Old November 27, 2012, 11:47 AM
HardwareCanuck Review Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluder View Post
That's the problem right there, you're using a Blackberry, you're not going to see the need for LTE when using such a dated OS. I've been using LTE for a year now, and there is absolutely no way I can go back to HSPA. It's not just about speed, it's about latency and the overall experience; I load an app that accesses web info, and it's up nearly instantly and that to me is a huge advantage. You wouldn't notice any of this on a current gen BB because it's such a terrible experience aside from email. When I had my Bold 9900, I didn't use it for anything other than email because it was just so bad at everything else...

LTE is a great leap in technology for the wireless industry, and with my 6GB plan on Rogers, I have no complaints about caps as it's more than enough for my needs, and most of the base on Canadian carriers.
I may be using a Blackberry but for the last month I had been using a Galaxy Note II on LTE and HSPA. While the speed difference was noticeable, under no circumstance was it a game-changer.