View Single Post
Old November 23, 2012, 12:07 AM
Rookie

Default New build for 3d max, revit, photoshop, autocad,

Well one of my friends was asking me if he is upgrading his computer, what components will he need to upgrade,

the only things he provided to me was,
Processor = Intel e2220 2.4Ghz
1 GB Ram

and thats it, he told would adding a Ram and a GPU work, I said No, and told to upgrade the processor[at that time I had 2500k in my mind], motherboard and ram as well

But while I was researching, and looking at benchmarks, and also his budget, I stumbled upon 2 different builds.

For the first one, I thought that rather than giving an lga 1155 processor,
why not get the Intel LGA775 E7500, and then not pay more for the processor.
I still don't know which motherboard he is using, but depending on it I will also suggest a RAM.

The next build I though of was for a lga 1155, and found that with a little more money and convincing, I can make him buy,
Intel i3 3220 3.3Ghz 2cores
MSI Z77MA-G45 motherboard
Gskill 2 x 4GB Sniper RAM

although, for the motherboard, what if I use ASUS P8H61-M LX , I can seriously get into the budget he gave.

So from all those things, what do you guys think should we go for?? I am right now looking for performance and price ratio.
And for AMD, here there are only 12 available, bulldozer series, phenom x2 560, antlon II x2 270 and a couple of FM1 processors, out of which the a6 3500 is in stock, and finally a sempron 145.

For piledrivers, we will have to import them using ebay, and the delivery charges themselves take us way above the budget.

Thank you...