View Single Post
Old November 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Windows 7 wins with my games

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnEBH View Post
I personally I think you're wasting your time dual booting 7 & 8. Why don't you just stick with 8 and use Start8 to restore the start menu? Or you can VM Windows 7, although I really don't see why you need both.
The only reason I went back and made my system a dual boot was to enable game play on most of my games. Only a couple of my games will play in Windows 8. When I went to the game makers website for technical advice I was told in an email that Dirt 3 & Dirt Showdown are not supported in Windows 8 (but "thanks for purchasing our game"). I could not get MS Flight Simulator X Gold to load properly, nor Warbirds not several other games. Of my games only X Plane 10 and Avatar loaded well and played well within Windows 8.

Setting up the dual boot is not that hard, already done it once, but I'm wondering if I try to load it onto a new Hybrid drive I just bought for my Win7 boot whether I'll get Windows 7 Pro out of my Windows 8 Pro disks or do I have to have the Windows 8 Pro DVD to make that happen.

Will play around with it next weekend between the Vanier Cup & Grey Cup football games.

FKD
Fort Kent, Alberta

2012 - A10 Rig