View Single Post
Old November 22, 2012, 12:09 PM
Rookie

Default Should I Buy a Dual Core i3 2120t?

I came across a PC deal for a new HP p2-1394 with 1TB hard drive 6gb of RAM, and including an i3-2120T 2.6 GHz processor for $350. My current PC has been acting up a lot over the past month, and in my frustration I ordered the new PC. But now, taking the chance to really think it over, I realized that the new cpu is only a dual core while I am semi-gamer who usually uses a quad core. I don't play that many games, usually only MMOs like WoW, The Secret World, Guild Wars 2, and Skyrim, and I'm not a person who feels the need to run every setting on high though I would love a decent fps. I already planned to use my gtx 550 ti or a new gtx 650 ti and my psu on the new PC, but now I am wondering if the dual core would be a problem. Should I cancel the new PC order, and just wait until I have enough money for decent parts? I don't have a lot of money right now, but I also don't want to get something that is only going to cause me to have to spend more money buying a new cpu and mobo a few months later.

Any help on this will be much appreciated!

EDIT: I have decided to not purchase this PC, and will wait to buy other parts instead.

Moderator please delete thread.

Last edited by Jaded1; November 22, 2012 at 01:00 PM.