View Single Post
Old November 21, 2012, 05:21 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marute View Post
I was just wondering. It is stated that the bus type (do you call it that?) of the GTX 560 TI is PCI Express 2.0 x16(?), but newer cards such as the GTX 660 have PCI Express 3.0 x16. What is the difference? Will there be any issues with moderne motherboard's and CPU's?

They also have one that comes at 102 USD. They call it "OC" instead of "OC2" (does that mean Over Clocked?) and the only difference I can see is that the OC2 that costs 111 USD has 900MHz core clock speed instead of 850MHz and 4.212Ghz "effective clock speed" instead of 4.104GHz. I suppose the more expensive OC2 edition will be the most powerful of the 2, yes?
PNY XLR8 GeForce GTX 560 Ti OC - 1GB
For a card like that, the PCI-E bus speed is not really that relevant yet so don't worry about it. As for the cards, just get the OC for 102 and clock it to OC2 levels. All that little extra money is doing is getting you a card that the Board Partner assures you will run at a set speed.

-ST

"We know not why he calls for us, only that when he does we must answer" - DMP 2009

"Dear Iceberg, I am sorry to hear about global warming. Karma is a bitch. Signed - Titanic"

I would rather believe and find god doesn't exist than to not believe and find that he does.

www.realhardwarereviews.com