View Single Post
Old November 15, 2012, 09:22 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

I am not sure about the warranty cause I waited for my Mac to run out of warranty before I made the upgrades. First up, the ram depending on your Macbook just check the Apple website it will tell you which ram speed is compatible with your Mac, I.e. 1333, 1600, 1067, and with the correct frequency you can just install any Laptop DDR3 SODIMM Ram. (I just went with Corsair's Apple certified ram just to be sure almost the same price as a normal laptop ram) Next, when you change your HDD you just need a dedicated external drive and your OS X disk that came with the laptop. So basically run Time Machine and set the backup to your external drive and it should backup your whole laptop including the OS X installed and all your programs. So when you change your HDD. turn on your Mac, put the OS X disk on keep pressing C to boot to the disk and use your time machine backup to re-install everything. After that everything should be there. I suffered a corrupt OS X a couple of weeks back and use my first time machine back up to restore my Mac.