View Single Post
Old November 14, 2012, 11:09 AM
Rookie

You will have to choose, you can either get an IPS Panel and get 60hz, or get a TN Panel with 120hz

The difference in these panels is the color accuracy. As you are going to buy from a store I would suggest you to look at an IPS screen and at the same time a TN monitor and you will find out a huge difference in colors.

I am not good in GPU, but the only question is that will the GTX 570 be able to support modern games at 120fps? in 1080p? with ultra high settings? If thats possible then get a 120hz monitor. Or else if you are getting around 60 to 80 fps, you will hardly feel a change in the smoothness so in that case get an IPS.

But as I said earliar, you can get either color depths or smooth motion.

Here is a list of IPS monitors
NCIX US - LCD Monitors ASUS, Samsung, Acer, LG Electronics, LG Electronics USA - Fast Delivery

and here are 3d vision ready monitors, so you get 120hz refresh rate.
NCIX US - LCD Monitors ASUS, Samsung, Acer, LG Electronics, LG Electronics USA - Fast Delivery

The list will just give you an idea on what you have options for. Since you will buy from a store, you will have to go there and see for yourselves what are the monitors available over there.