View Single Post
Old November 13, 2012, 08:26 PM
Allstar

My System Specs

Default Skyrim AMD Optimization and Overclocking

Hello all.

My rig is as described in the forum list. 8150(no oc), 3x 6950 2GB (unlocked to 6970 shaders, clocked 880/5200) and 1333mhz 2x4gig ripjaws that I have had working stable at over 2Ghz with my old am3 (can't remember model, got it to clock to 3.8ghz) with bclk overclocking my crosshair V. HDD is a WD Caviar black 7200rpm. PSU is 1200AX, plenty of juice (just enough cords )

Tower is a 500r with 4x120mm intakes, 1x230mm intake, and 1x120mm exhaust. 2 of the 120mm intakes are aftermarket scythe 100+ CFM intakes, the 230mm is a high static pressure spectre pro. The tower is dead silent when i turn off the scythe fans (or just turn them down), and as loud as my vacuum cleaner when i mine bitcoins (FULL POWER CAPTAIN! ). So I think I got proper airflow to OC with stock cooling a little bit.

I am running the upped texture pack. I had tweaked out skyrim with some online guides but am still only getting ~44 fps ave with a 22 min frame rate in whiterun, runnin from the yarl's place to the front gate (my personal benchmark). The 44 is suprisingly fluid, but it jitters a tiny tiny bit (microstutter?). I assume this is the 22 fps is causing this minor stutter as indoors there does not seem to be any microstutter.

I digress.

Is there any method(s) to
A: minimize micro stutter
B: Overclock something to get a sizable gain?

Also, with only 2GB video memory and 1080p resolution am I overreaching trying to run the enhanced texture pack?

I am probably upgrading to a h100(ver 2.0 thingy) this xmas to OC my 8150.

Thanks for any suggestions.