View Single Post
Old November 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I don't get quite why you need a usb mass storage app? By default Android phones can be used as a mass storage device.. I have used my Galaxy S2 like this for a very long time and never needed root.

What phone do you have..
Galaxy Note II. From what I have read, no Android 4.1 Jelly Bean device has it without 3rd party support.

I need mass storage because I was Windows XP at work, and will continue to do so for the next year or more at least. With current 4.1 Jelly Bean, Windows 7 will do it. XP and Ubuntu will not without mass storage enabled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswilson View Post
Mainly because having the start button there runs counter to what M$'s vision is, so I wouldn't be surprised if every second update breaks that start button. Besides that, I refuse to reward bad behaviour by accepting a sub standard product.
Again, I believe that MS is wrong in their omission of the Start button, just like I think its wrong that mass storage was removed in Android. Why remove functionality people are happy with? There are a plethora of apps in the Play Store to add mass storage again, so I am not a minority.

Also, has anyone seen the new tablet interface on Android 4.2? The interface has been unified across phones and tablets now....
Counterpoint: The Android 4.2 Tablet UI Looks Just Like A Giant Phone's, And That's A Shame

Voting with your dollars as you have will certainly get MS to add it if enough people chose to do so. My point is hat MS is not the only company do do this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteOwl View Post
But this is not due to anything lacking in the OS but rather the configuration the Telco provider has made available with the phone. Installing an "unadulterated" version of Android/rooting the phone is simpkly restoring functionality the Telco made unavailable - not that didn't exist in the first place.
Does Android 4.1 and 4.2 on Nexus devices support usb mass storage (and not MTP mode)?

Again, I think MS will pay for their decision to remove the Start button, but they are not the only ones making these types of decisions.
Fold for team #54196