View Single Post
Old November 10, 2012, 12:06 AM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

I would not suggest getting something without a clutch pedal and H-pattern shifter, but that is personal preference for a manual transmission and certain cars. Many people prefer auto or paddles or etc.

In my case I wanted PC and xbox compatibility so I got the Fanatec CSR Value Pack XL (with the CSR Elite pedals)

The elite pedals with their load-cell brake are totally worth the bump in price from the normal non-XL value pack. The CSR wheel and CSR H-pattern shifter seem fine, though I have personal preferences wrt the appearance that these do not match.(basically I want it to be more like an old muscle car instead of modern something-rather, but I think most other people like a modern look)

Yes, it is over $300(and is not even one of Fanatec's expensive wheels) but I would say it is worth the cost and I do not regret the purchase. However racing is also important to me so I can justify it. Not everyone is interested enough or has enough time.

Someone in the IRC channel was looking at the Thrustmaster T500 RS & shifter, but idk how much that costs. IIRC Arinoth has a T500, though I could be mistaken.

When you do get a wheel, whatever you choose, shameless plug for GT Legends.(if you like old cars) It is available online as a digital download with no DRM from RaceRoom. Run it in pro mode and you have one awesome bag of fun. All the cars are different in their ways unlike some other racing titles and there is sure a wide range of them. :D
Get a good group of guys online and the fun never stops.

But really if the CSR or better is too expensive then I would say to look at G25/G27. Perhaps even those, but alongside Fanatec's CSR Elite pedals! So much nicer than logi's pedals. :)