View Single Post
Old November 9, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Well the consoles are how old now, 6-7 years and the 360 will be 8 years old by the time their new console is out? Add that to all the recycled games that are put out then yea people will probably get bored. I've noticed a shift in my circles as well from people who usually prefer console, playing mostly on PC these days. This is why I think the WiiU should have a big advantage being the first "next-gen" console to the market at the end of November. PS4/XBOX720 or whatever won't be out until around this time next year. Another big thing right now is that a lot of the popular titles on PC these days are Indie games. Even Minecraft recently became the most played game on Xbox360 dethroning Call of Duty. Not to mention kiddies love their tablets, so it's no wonder game sales and console sales have declined. Once the next-gen consoles are out, this will obviously change - except for maybe the Indie stuff, unless developers are allowed to make games more outside the box of what is normally being put out these days. I didn't read much of the article (I cringed from the terrible pun in the first line) but that's my opinion on the matter. I don't normally get my gaming news from CNN and I tend to think they're not the most expert on the subject :P