View Single Post
Old November 7, 2012, 04:55 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowfat View Post
VirtualBox can't get exclusive control over NIC1 (WAN) though, maybe because I don't have Vt-d?
I see. Forgive my ignorance, I'm more of a VMware guy. Ok, non-exclusive control should be ok, turning off IP on the host and still bridging the outside NIC to the pfsense outside virtual NIC.

Quote:
I've tried turning off IPv4 for the NIC1 in Windows, however I lose internet on the host machine. Everything connected to the switch on NIC2 still has internet. I am also still able to connect to my internet network from the host. Just no internet. It more than likely is a setting issue somewhere in VirtualBox or pfsense, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
At this point you need to assign the host machine a private IP address on NIC2, and use the IP of pfsense on NIC2 as the default gateway. Then the host will route through pfsense to get to the Internet, same as the rest of the LAN clients.

The 3rd NIC method will work fine too, I'm just trying to save you the hassle since I don't think it's necessary.