Thread: Gunnar Glasses
View Single Post
Old November 7, 2012, 06:31 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaverBender View Post
Hmmm, I had never heard of these before but they seem intriguing. If anyone else has some personal experience, I too would be most interested.
I got a pair yesterday afternoon.
First impressions are very good. At first I tried them at work, where it's fluorescent lights everywhere and 2 monitors in front of me. To me, the magnification is awesome. I actually love it. The yellow tint is noticeable, but it's not overpowering and I can live with it.

Then I tried them at home, in the basement with the lights out and only my gaming screens ON. That is where they shined the most. The magnification brought me "closer" to the screen and I felt like I could actually see better(plasbo effect? maybe). It felt like I was more "focused" on the screen and the surroundings weren't as distracting. Anyway... The experience felt awesome and I can't wait to do it again tonight.

This is the model I got. When the guy handed them to me in their protective bag I almost thought the bag was empty. That how light they are. They feel a bit flimsy, but I guess that comes with the lightness of the glasses.
Weezer | Gunnar Technology Eyewear Official Store

I'll give it another week or two before I make up my mind but, chances are... I'll be buying a second pair so I can leave one at work, and one at home.