View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 06:28 PM
MVP

My System Specs

Default Newegg.ca does not deliver to Rural or Small Town Canada

Small side story - I was not happy that Memory Express has such a short window of opportunity for returns, I read Newegg.ca has a 30 day return policy, and their prices for the ASUS card was cheaper and they were offering free shipping (on the card). I also needed an active displayport adapter and they had two I was interested in, one by Sapphire ($26) and the other by Visiontek ($24) (same size thing one was $9.99 to ship, the other $10.74 odd). The Visiontek has a lifetime warranty, Sapphire only 90 days and a fair number of 1 egg reviews because of failure after a few months use. So I was going with the Visiontek. HOWever - Newegg.ca only ships via UPS, and when I tried to checkout they did not like my rural address, I`ve had that problem before with our P.O. Box. So I used the street address of my office, we get courier delivery all the time. But the UPS system refused to accept my office street address. I called Newegg`s 1-800 number, and waited online for over half an hour before giving up and just ordering it from Memory Express (and they only carried the Sapphire adapter, but do give it a one year warranty not the 90 days Newegg offered) And because at Memory Express it was $39.99 I got it for less on their price match. If it lasts a year it should last forever - or I`ll buy something else. Sapphire isn`t a junk company so I think I`ll be fine.

I`ll see if there is a way to send this story to Newegg and see what they have to say, can`t call them and get through.