View Single Post
Old November 2, 2012, 09:42 AM
Top Prospect

I measured it and it's approx 8-9. So, then?

So, a TV connected to a computer, I need hdmi so I have to use a digital cable box? What about video cards with hdmi ports? That's just to watch movies or video (files) that are on the computer, right?

If it's a monitor, to use it with a digital cable box and via a cable feed, I can use hdmi still.

So, the main difference is changing the settings when using a TV with a computer. I have to change dpi?

If I go the TV route, I definitely will make sure it's Full HD or HD Ready and 1080p res. This is for someone else but I'm just trying to find out all the info. I wish it was for me but I want to be able to say I researched it and had feedback from those 'in the know!' :-)

P.S. One of the advantages of the TV, especially a size > 24" so say, 32" for e.g., is that the bigger screen (@ 1080p?) would allow more options? I am looking for a display for someone who needs glasses and eyesight isn't the best. So, this could be something to keep in mind, right? Is there any advantage then for choosing a TV that is 24"+ for the dual-purpose (subbing for a PC monitor)? I am just guessing, but I think it might be 50/50 in terms of time or duty. Fifty percent of the time as a computer monitor and the other half of the time as TV or movie/show watching. For instance, used as a computer monitor then on breaks, either watching movies or videos on the computer or watching cable TV.

Last edited by fubar; November 2, 2012 at 09:47 AM.