View Single Post
Old November 1, 2012, 12:34 AM
MVP

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthraxious View Post
Great, thanks for that info. One thing I noticed when someone on a different forum built a rig like this and posted pics is that the PSU nearly touches the GPU. Does anyone have the measurements for the inside of the case or a general idea of how much space each part "should" take? Couldn't find them on the website eaither. I think a mITX case should have inside measurements aswell seen has how that's the important part. I was thinking of swapping the MSI GPU for Gainwards GTX 660 if the measurements are gonna be a problem. The MSI one is 235mm while the Gainward is 180mm. Of course a shorter PSU would be more preferable.

[EDIT] Also, I've seen someone post a review on a urchase of Gigabyte's Z77N saying there's no vCore. Is this the case?
Most standard 500W PSUs are not longer than it needs to be so it won't be an issue. The issue is that the length of the GPU is blocking some of the modular PSU connectors. This could be mitigated by using a non modular PSU but creates another problem, cable mess in a cramped case. The best solution would be to get a shorter GPU which should solve the problem. A standard mITX motherboard is 17cm2 and the Gainward GPU is 180mm. This means that it will only protrude 10mm from the motherboard and most of the modular PSU connectors are not blocked.

There is no straightforward way to modify the voltage manually with this particular board but shouldn't be a problem since most Core i5 3570Ks will do 4.0-4.2GHz at stock voltage settings. You'll probably run into cooling issues before you're limited by its clockspeed and voltage.