View Single Post
  #3 (permalink)  
Old October 31, 2012, 01:46 PM
Jaded1 Jaded1 is offline
Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NJ
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soultribunal View Post
By chance is the card registered with EVGA? If not you should still get a minimal warranty with them. I would go the route of trying to get the Card RMA'd first and foremost.

That being said, if you are looking for a cheap upgrade to what you have, getting a GTX650TI would be a sensible alternative (30% more performance) for about the same cost as a new 550TI.

-ST
Thanks for the reply. I think its registered, but I did some moving around not too long ago so I'm not sure if I could put my hand on any of the papers. I'll try that first and see what happens, though the length of waiting times I've seen some people mentioning on line about them does not make me hopeful.

As for the gtx 650, I only have a corsair cx430. Wouldn't I have to upgrade my psu for that card? If so, I don't think my budget could handle both in the next few weeks, and I was hoping to replace the card as soon as possible.
Reply With Quote