View Single Post
Old October 31, 2012, 08:36 AM
Folding Captain

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodscene View Post
I just booted into recovery to see what's going on. It looks like I have TWRP 2.2.1 (or something like that), so I've got the latest version of Odin and have downloaded Liquid Jelly Bean for AT&T ([ROM][AOSP] Unofficial Liquid Jelly Bean 2.0 [Kang] Updated 10-20 RC5! - xda-developers). So I just boot my phone to recovery, wipe it, then install the ROM and that's it?
Yes, but be absolutely sure you have the proper rom for your device (that you have a i717 model...not the n7000 international version).

Always wipe cache and dalvik after flashing as well. Read the thread for the rom you have downloaded a few times too, as each rom might have something specific needed (ie. sometimes you need to install superuser and/or busybox yourself, etc these apps are used for root). Also, I tend to read the last 2-3 pages (at least) of a rom before I flash, to get a handle on the issues people tended to have. I avoided some serious issues with a rom this summer, where the instructions were worded badly. The mistake was caught by the XDA users, and corrected in the thread before the OP fixed it in the first post.
Fold for team #54196