View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 10:28 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Default Computer Randomly shutting off

About a week ago my computer randomly started turning off, on idle or load. At first it only happened maybe once a day, but now its happening almost anytime i try to play a game for a while.

Last night it turned off in the middle of a game and it wouldn't start back up so i reapplied thermal paste, still wouldnt boot back up so i reset the cmos and changed PCI-E slots for my video card. Worked fine after that and played BF3 for a while and went to bed, decided to play dayz today and it turned off and wouldnt boot back up. Play around with PCI-E slots and reset the CMOS multiple times and finally got it working after an hour.
I've tried every stick of ram individually and it wouldn't boot up, so its a game of chance it seems to get it running. What could be the issue? The errors in the event log as are as following;

Event filter with query "SELECT * FROM __InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN 60 WHERE TargetInstance ISA "Win32_Processor" AND TargetInstance.LoadPercentage > 99" could not be reactivated in namespace "//./root/CIMV2" because of error 0x80041003. Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected.