View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 08:33 PM
Top Prospect

My System Specs

Default Tablet or laptop?

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a mobile computing device and I'd like to get some suggestions on which direction to go in - laptop or tablet. I will be using this mobile device to 1) watch 1080p movies, 2) store a small collection of my mp3s, 3) a lot of web surfing, and 4) some light productivity work (e.g. excel, word, etc.).

The following are what I'd look for in this device:
1) less than 13" screen-size and easy to carry (should be comfortably held by one hand)
2) bright, crystal clear screen
3) usb-enabled

I feel that tablets, especially the Asus Transformer Infinity, are the way to go, but I am concerned that I will have to spend a lot of money on apps to let me do the things that I'd want to do. For example, on a notebook, I can simply download MPC-HC for movie watching (subtitled enabled), while on the Android, I might have to shell out dough to get an ad-free program that does what I need it to do.

Thoughts???

Thanks!!!
Photography/Gaming build: i7-4770K, NH-D14, Z87 Sabertooth, 16GB Ripjaws X, GTX 780 OC DirectCU II 3GB, M500 480GB, Caviar Black 2TB, Dual Red 4TBx2 (RAID 1), XFX Pro 850W 80+ Gold, Graphite Series 600T SE White
HTPC build: i5-750, Hyper 212+, P7P55D Pro, 8GB Ripjaws X, R6970 DirectCU II 2GB, Caviar Black 640GB/2TB, Caviar Green 3TB, Seagate Barracuda 3TB, Strider Plus 750W, CM 690 II Advanced
Mobile Media: Asus Transformer Infinity 32GB w/ keyboard dock