View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 06:44 PM
MVP

I agree, Jake_HT.

Now that the smartphone and tablet markets are maturing, the great leaps forward we've grown accustomed to the past few years have, at least for now, come to a close. Price/performance ratio and value have become more important to many.

I see much more potential to innovate in software than in hardware now. This is where MS may have an edge. I think that in a couple of years, current touchscreen/mobile operating systems will seem as if they were designed by Fisher Price for children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYMTL View Post
I want to see Google finally beat Apple on build quality. So far, most of the Android stuff just feels like overpriced toys.
I'm of the opinion that iphones--while aesthetically pleasing and feel well designed--have poor functional attributes such as ergonomics and shock tolerance. IMO, 'cheap plastic' is practically superior in most consumer electronics applications. I think the S3 and Note devices are the best engineered practical designs available, with HTC close behind.

This is why we don't have aluminum remote controls and game controllers--well, Jonathon Ive might.

Google's goal is to reduce Apple's incredible profit margins. I expect they will continue to drive prices downward.

Last edited by Desiato; October 29, 2012 at 07:15 PM.