View Single Post
Old October 29, 2012, 04:03 PM
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by botat29 View Post
8 most often complain about Windows 8

1: difficult to access safe mode. ( I don't even know how to boot in safe mode) - Is it not still F8?
2: impossible to recover from the new "black screen of Death" - Okay.....
3: no media player its now an extra and at a cost!!!! - Then get a free and BETTER player! VLC FTW!!!!!
4: all games etc that used to be included you have to get from the New store. - As long as they are free who cares?
5: no start menu from the desktop. Users will not get used to this, it is ludicrous on a desktop pc.The search all apps just gives you every exe on the machine in no logical order. - Start8
6: Start menu functionality can be restored only by buying third party apps. - True....but for how long?
7: no Aero, ok aero should have been updated but not to the same standard as windows 98. Progress it is a joke! - This I agree with. The new pastel colors look AWFUL.
8: the only way to reinstall and maintain your applications is to use a system restore (which you cant after the black screen of death) or to reimage your disk.
Responses are in Bold.

For me, insanity is super sanity. The normal is psychotic. Normal means lack of imagination, lack of creativity.

When a ladder was stolen from a store the manager said that further steps would be taken