View Single Post
Old October 28, 2012, 05:01 PM
Rookie

Default Is my mobo done, cpu ??

I've been having some issues with my pc lately, slowing down, bsod, etc... After running memtest, i found out that I had a bad stick of ram, bought a new set of the same ram.
Pc still seemed unhappy so i decided to format and do a fresh install of windows 7 64.

Windows seems to install fine, gets in desktop and downloads the first run of windows update, asks me to restart and I do. Where I should see the box to type in my password to get into windows, black screen with mouse cursor only. Tried to restart a few times, same thing. I can only start windows in safe mode with networking.

I re-installed windows 3 more times with the same result. Tought that maybe my hard drive was done so I got a new one, wanted to get an ssd anyway.

Installed windows on the new ssd, same thing again ?!?! Only works in safe mode.
I tried one more time and this time, i disabled automatic windows update during setup so I could install my video card driver first. Again, on restart, black screen with mouse cursor.

Don't know what to do now, new ram (tested fine in memtest), new ssd, bad mobo ?? cpu ??

Amd 955
gygabyte ga-890fxa-ud5
8gb gskill ripjaws 10666
Wd caviar black 1tb (now kingston ssd hyperx 3k 240gb)
asus 5850 top cu
corsair 750w psu