Thread: Completed Bitfenix Ghost WC build
View Single Post
Old October 28, 2012, 09:04 AM
F@H

My System Specs

Well, the pics didn't turn out quite as well as I wanted, but I'm thinking that it's the mount on the cheap tripod I recently picked up (the mount isn't as stable/secure as it should be so some of the images are blurry) so there's not much I can do about it until I get a new tripod.

I've already posted a pic of the case front with the door on, but (and I wish this was a better pic) I'm actually leaning towards leaving the door off.

The back panel wiring isn't something I'll be displaying as art, but it's secure and (IMO) neat enough for government work. (Or more specifically, for something that's not going to be seen.... :) ). I'm quite pleased with the way the loop turned out.

This is perhaps a slightly better view of the front panel "column" when the door is left off. On the right, just forward of fan you can make sata data and power connectors which is my solution to not being able to install an ODD in the top slot. If I want to use an internal ODD it's a simple matter of removing the top grill and connecting the drive up which then rests fine on the forward bay (that's the toshiba drive I took out of my laptop being used as the data drive for this PC... ;) ).

On the off chance that anybody else ends up scratching their heads over the vague manual description of how to swap the door hinges (or to remove the door all together) in the second picture you can see the tab that needs to be released in order to be able to remove the hinge lock. It's pretty simple once you get a good look at how it works, but took me a little while to figure out how to do it without using too much force. :)

Only one thing left to do and that's to find some kind of black back to cover the unused PSU cables with. They fit quite nicely into the lower 3.5" bay (I flipped the lower rail upside down to give me just a bit more room), but they still look a bit messy and I'd like to get something that they can be covered up with.

Well, that's it for the pics, I'll post up dialed in OC temps and my general impressions of the case in a day or so. Thanks for looking!

Gigabyte C1007UN-D / 2X4G Gskill PC3-10700 / Pico PSU / 2.5" 750G Toshiba HDD / Mini-Box M350 / 1X 19" BenQ / 1X 17" HP