View Single Post
Old October 26, 2012, 06:25 PM
Hall Of Fame
F@H

My System Specs

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaberif View Post
I am sorry to say you don't need to spend that much. Even $100 speakers can benefit from a good soundcard card.
An onboard audio can be a good soundcard. So in his case, he has a good soundcard. Seriously, you're argument is so weak that it's just annoying...

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrybear View Post
Yes maybe if you dont have that great of a ear as well, but you forget about the other biggest thing of all .... cpu usage/resources can be up to 10% when using a onboard sound solution ..
What day and age are you in? TOPS it will see 2-3% CPU usage, but more like 0.5% usage. Oh and so you don't just attack me for being "wrong" without providing your own proof, I set SC 2 to 128 sound channels on high and used a massive army on two sides in battle (used a pre-made custom map to keep it same between tests) and also tested playing a variety of audio files at the same time on my computer for a second test, and between my soundcard and the onboard audio and my CPU usage was within 1.5% for all tests, did that 3 times for each benchmark for each audio solution.

Last edited by draemn; October 26, 2012 at 06:39 PM.